I’ve heard from lot of friends that one should not be as open to the husband as you would be to a friend. I ask why ?
Source: Google Images
The answers I get are something like these:
- A husband can never be your friend.
- Somewhere the male ego comes in picture and will spoil the relationship if you try to make it a friendship.
- No matter how hard the husband tries he can never come over the fact that he is your husband and has to play it cool at times.
- A husband will fail to switch roles of playing a husband and a friend.
- Secrets of your earlier crushes and may be relationships should definitely not be shared with your husband-he’ll never understand.
So,I wonder.I keep thinking about these reasons and I have a different view. I think if you’re friends with your husband before marriage it should continue no matter what.I mean nothing changes the friendship..does it ? I agree that marriage brings in more responsibilities and brings in a little bit of changes in the way you conduct your relationship but I guess that’s just an addition…not a subtraction of friendship.
Me and hubby knew each other quiet well before we tied the knot and we continue to remain each others friends.Nothing has changed that relationship between us.I still share everything with him and he with me.Not that we don’t have our own friends to do the needful of lending their shoulders to us when we need them.But it’s just that hubby makes the best friends as compared to any other friend of mine 🙂
There are advantages too:
- A husband is available all the time in proximity.
- A husband can leave everything and run for you whereas the other friends will have some constraints some or the other times.
- You can chat with your husband late nights and no one can question it.
- You can go on holidays with your husband any time and you still do the talking and sharing !
- You can bet that your husband will not reveal your secrets to any one whereas there are slight chances that your other friends might spill it out..sometimes may be !
- The friendship between husband and wife makes the marital relationship much easier to deal with..more understanding + more consideration= less arguments 🙂
Source: Google Images
May be there are more benefits than these.And no I’m not saying that you should be friends only with your husband.Not necessary…but all I’m saying is making husband your friend pays off well enough in long term. Also, couples who are best friends to each other make great parents to their children is what I have seen..
As far as earlier crushes and relationships are concerned I think everybody has a past to share.And the person [husband or wife] who is not ready to understand and accept that-tab toh gadbad hai !! Because like any relationship marriage is based on trust and acceptance ! Me feels so,what about you ?