Psych Babbler and DI and Varsh and LOI and…err..seemed to have lost count of all those who have tagged me to this super duper hit tag by IHM …so here’s my list of the sins-as you may call them 🙂 I’ve to list at least ten things that I have ever wanted or done which my gender is not supposed to…
Should read Saks’ tag here for sure 🙂
- I always liked to wear half pants and shirts..in fact my cousins always used to dislike me for I use to attack their wardrobe for their clothes 🙂
- My hairstyle was always boy cut till the time I went to grad school 🙂 Oh boy! I loved that hair cut !
- Right from the childhood I’m no jewellery person at all..even today the minimum I wear is earrings. oh yes I deck myself up like a bhartiya nari at occasions like festival or parties or weddings.
- I never wore skirts..not even today..always been in jeans !
- I have travelled alone overnight at the age of 13.
- In childhood I’ve played kabaddi and gend-tadi with boys from near by areas-oh what ?I did have girl friends but at my native place..there were only boys available to play with 🙂
- Most of my best friends are boys..needless to say I quickly gel with guys..specially when it comes to friendship 🙂
- I never liked dolls for playing while as a kid…specially the barbie fever that was on [it still is :|] I was never touched by it, thankfully I say 🙂
- I hated cooking and hence never stepped into the kitchen for this thing..poor mommy she got worried when I was getting married 🙂 but hey mom,now alls well 😉
- I was the only one in my friend circle to learn driving a Kinetic when I was in class 7th and by 8th standard I used to drive bikes 🙂
- I know whistling and I often whistle when I hear songs or in general 🙂
- I don’t like soppy love stories….gawd please !!!
- When I shifted to Mumbai-and that was the first time that I stepped in the city for a living- I did the entire moving thing like-finding a flat for self,shifting,agreement signing..everything on my own…ahh how nice is that 🙂
I think we’re done know ? It was at least 10…so 13 are enough 😉
For everything that I do fearlessly and that makes me independant is sure education,the earning power..but there is something else that reinforces the confidence and holds on the basics in place is that one line that I’ve heard my paternal grandmother say…
“Open your mouth and you’ll get to know whatever you want to”..she says this often for people who are a bit scared to go to new places or talk to new people etc..she tells them that there is nothing to fear about and if you’re new to some place or thing..just open your mouth and ask questions…you sure will get answers !
Help yourself is what I’ve learnt in all these years…and yes when you help yourself GOD stands by you and the people too 🙂
Okay so now I’ve to tag 12 people…guys..this is unfair ya..all of you have alreayd done this tag I guess and now I’m left with tagging no one it seems… 😦 lemme see..
YAY managed 12 !