Recently we reached the 7 year mark of wedded bliss or marriage in simpler terms. 7 years,han? Sounds long and not that long too. We have been through so many things in these 7 years,at the end of which I can say these 7 things to you:
- I won’t say you’re the best husband in the world [well that would sound cheesy] but I’m sure you are the best for me!
- I’m sure you are going to be the perfect father,I always visualized for my children.
- You forget a lot and it irritates me to no bounds but then I know nothing comes perfect in life,not even me!
- You are an introvert and not as expressive as I had like you to be but then I know how much you love me and that melts me inside out.
- You trust me blindly,not that you must not,but the fact that you do,makes me feel special.
- You are my anchor which has brought stability in my life.No this is not any cliched statement copied from some book/movie,it is the fact of my life.
- My family loves you and they keep telling me how lucky I’m to have you as a life partner-they also say things like ‘only if we could clone him for your other cousins to have husbands like him’- makes me feel proud,not of you,but of my choice 😉
Well,I’ve matured with you and it’s not just about spending 7 years together but it’s been a journey of more than a decade that we know each other now-11 years to be precise. These 7 years as husband and wife,have brought us to different levels of understanding. Showed us life from different perspective.
Certainly,there were promises broken,there were tears,there were fights that turned ugly, there were days in a row when we didn’t speak to each other….but to go with these there were days which were filled with smiles,the days when we were happy,when we kept our promises,we we joked,shopped,traveled, read books together,played scrabble,cooked, acted lazy bums,watched movies,dined,snuggled and cuddled…and these were by all means the days the that form a major part of these 7 years of our marriage.
We argue and we have differences. But the best part about us is we know how to enjoy our differences,how to let each other just be,how to give that required space and how not to be too demanding.
All I have to say to you is, happy 7th Anniversary Husby! Let’s just stay the same to each other and be merry 🙂