One must learn how-to-grow-up-fast from you children. You are 1.5 years young already,can you believe it? Oh yes you can but your mum cannot. She still recalls you in the form of that tiny human being handed over to her a year back. You will not remember that cause you haven’t witnessed that. Just through my letters may be someday you’ll have a fair idea of how you as a baby were but that’s that…the intensity of it all will be felt by only me and your dadda.
With so many cute things to note down there are few peculiar habits that you have started showing us,which need a serious mention in this series of letters that I write to you. Like I read on one of the blogs recently that these writing about a baby’s childhood is kind of a creation of ‘that place’ for the child where he/she can go,to know his/her younger self.
In our days,people used to write dairies to make note of the things happening in their life at that moment.Some people still do but now blogs have come in handy,so there…I hope this place becomes your ‘that’ place 🙂
Any way, check out this list …
- You have to make a fountain of water by your mouth,as a signal that you don’t need to drink anymore,instead of simply saying no.
- Once you are done drinking your quota of water/juice/shakes,you have to throw away the remaining drink and also the glass, instead of simply keeping the glass aside.
- You have to scratch your right ear when you are sleepy. Why only right ear,tell tell?
- You love writing [or modern art shall I say?] on any paper that you get hold of. When we give you the pencil/ crayons,you first use it with your right hand and then shift it to your left and continue writing. You have to constantly shuffle right and left hand. Are you going to be ambidextrous?
- You have your own little library of some 10-12 books and you love them to the core. But the moment you see me with a book,you have to read only that book. Nothing else matters to you than mamma’s book!
- You love music for sure,especially when you are getting massaged you have to listen to the music.You don’t get the massage done unless the music is switched on! What’s with this music and massage thing, spa style eh?
- When I sing you nursery rhymes or other songs you listen to them so intently [or so it appears] that you have to fold your hands and sit quietly-Your dadda always tells me that you mean to tell me that you are bugged with my singing..sob sob!!! Really? 😥
- If you want something, you should have that something right then. Nothing placates you or no diversion works with you. Goes to show you are becoming ziddi day by day,sigh!
- When you call out for me you have to say ‘aai’ and ‘mamma’ all at the same time,like you are calling 2 people 😀 and while calling your dadda you have to only take his name,which you learnt to say very early! When will you start saying Baba,darling?
- Your favorite task in the kitchen these days is to collect the potatoes from the basket and put them one by one in your grand mother’s lap. And you do it every single day 😀