There are lot of times I’ve come across girls who suddenly realize that they are in need of sanitary pads and have none on them. Like in this new office, a girl from my team came to me and very shyly asked if I have an extra sanitary pad,since no one in the HR-Amind team had one!!!! I gave it to her and she was so so thankful to me to have saved her timely.
Also, there have been times when I have felt there are some must haves for women in their purse/ desk / washroom cabinets at office. Listing them here:
- Sanitary napkins: One in purse and other in office because you never know when would you be in the need of it!
- A make-up kit: Carryinga minimum of a comb, vaseline lip gel, kajal and perfume /deo [travel pack] and if you are a lipstick person then a basic color lipstick too. Just in case you’ve to rush to a party or some place so to quickly have a simple done-up.
- Scribblers: A pen and a small note pad or chotu diary or few papers to scribble. Just in case, you would want to write down something that comes to your mind or someone’s number or anything. I know we’ve cell phones umm well.. organized i-phones and all the swanky gadgets but after all they are gadgets and they might give up on you anytime 😉
- Carry Bag: An empty carry bag of say Westside / Shoppers’ Stop etc. to carry wet clothes or a sanitary pad to the washroom or anything that you want to store in such a way that no one can see,you know!
- A black stole: Which could be used to cover in emergency and black goes with every dress and works on any outfit-Indian / Western.
- Clothes: A pair of clothes,especially to be carried in the rainy season. It really really helps to have one in the washroom / desk cabinet.
I’ve been carrying these in my bag and some in the office washroom cabinet. And needless to say I’m always prepared for the unforeseen situations in life.
That said nothing guarantees a smooth hassles free life but then being prepared for what might dawn upon us is not a waste effort too,right?
So what all do you carry in your bag? Do you think these are helpful things and one should carry them? Do you have anything else to add to the list ?