Women love shopping,no second thoughts on this. To top it up when the sellers tempt us with hoardings which scream sale, there is no time to think but pick up the purse be on the go!
Well mostly it is the case for women world wide..there will be seldom who won’t fall prey to sales, discounts and some such teasers!
That said sales are a good time to shop but then these are bad times too since this season tempts you with innumerable options which is dangerous for people who belong to a cadre called shopaholics by default, be it sale season or no.
So,I thought of listing some tips for self and my fellow shoppers….
- Shop with an agenda-a list to be precise. Just note what all you ‘need’ and forget what you ‘want’.The key is to avoid impulse buys.Once in a while,buying what you ‘want’ is not bad but keep that part after you’re done buying what you ‘needed’!
- Reality check-Keep a rough budget ready in your mind. Keep an eye on your credit card swaps. Don’t forget that the things you are putting your hands on, come with a price.If it is difficult for you to control your usage of credit cards then leave them at home and carry only cash with you to control your buying!
- Proper Fit-Buy only what fits you right now and not something that you think will fit you in future.Don’t buy clothes for future!
- No children please-Don’t take your children with you, if you have an option leave them back. In your entire shopping extravaganza the children get really bugged up and tired-they don’t deserve this. Of course if you don’t have an arrangement, then you have to carry them with you, but in that case make sure they’re not hungry and they are not sleep deprived.
- Shop Alone-However exciting ‘girl group shopping’ may sound it’s always better to be on your own. Others only help pile up your shopping cart with lot of things which are out of your to-buy list and sometimes influence your decisions of selection. If at all you’ve to go shopping with friends / colleagues try and roam alone in the sections which you want to visit..later you can sit together for coffee and share what you shopped!
A little note to self:
Never go shopping without a list. And I know very well that you are a total list person, be it work or home, so why not make one while going for shopping too? Also Scribby, I was thinking if you would really concentrate on your purse than the varied choices available in the stores, yea? I think it’s high time you start behaving when it comes to shopping because you’ve a growing daughter in your kitty and she might as well ingrain your habits; read: bad habit of shopping at drop of hat!
It’s good that you shop not only for yourself but for your family & friends too, but what you need to remember is extravaganza and all looks adorable only in sale adverts. Not in real life, okay?
So, what am I saying? All I’m trying to put forward is you need to be a little considerate and learn to prioritize when you shop. You must buy gifts for everyone, for yourself too but when and what to buy you have to be sure of. Just because things are available in the store and they look lovely to you, doesn’t mean you have to buy them, okay?
Yours sincerely me!