This is about the time when we friends were in high school. We decided that we’ll now go to theaters for watching movie alone-like without parents or any elder-all on our own! Fortunately, our parents agreed,eureka moment that! We chose ‘Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman‘ 🙂 given the SRK mania had just begun to play on our young minds….[thank god it washed away soon after,sowwy SRK fans :P]
So, the story goes like this:
We reach the theater.Check
Stand in the ticket booking line. Check
Ask for three tickets for the said movie.Check
Get inside the theater well in time. Check
Find our seats.Check
The movie starts playing and we are enjoying both-the movie and the fact that only we 3 friends managed on our own to this point.Check
Suddenly there is hooting, whistling, shouting, dancing and spelling some words which sounded Latin. No Check !!!!
Then everything goes silent and people are found sitting in their seats. Check
Again the circus repeats on this song. This time people also threw some chillar at the screen. No Check !!!!!!!
We felt pretty awkward,felt out of place,scared and disliked everything that was happening around.No Check!!!!!
Apparently it turned out that we booked ourselves for the dress circle,or stalls as they popularly ‘were’ called, and not the balcony class in the theater 😛 Our parents had a good laugh though they cautioned us for the next time.
When today I look back at this incident, I feel:
- We were lucky to have returned safe and non-molested.
- That such chillar throwing crowd every time is not that bad!
- We did learn the lesson our own way.
- Old time theaters had balconies which are no more now 😦
- How we fell in love with the wrong screen person…pst SRK!
- How songs even like Kehti Hai Dil Ki Lagi were tagged taboo and adult #comparingwithtodayssongs.
- The tickets were priced so low!
- To laugh once again thinking how naive we were 😀